Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Run Laptop On Separate Monitor Why Does My Laptop Only Show On A Separate Monitor In Safe Mode?

Why does my laptop only show on a separate monitor in safe mode? - run laptop on separate monitor

I am always connected to my laptop monitor on a separate screen because the screen is cracked. So far, I've never had a problem with that either. If you are now on my laptop running in "normal" is always a box appear on the screen stating that "no signal detected", but if I do in Safe mode with network connection works normally try.

3 comments:

jayrulli... said...

You can use the Fn key and try one of the F keys on my laptop Sony Vaio Fn + F8. Try pressing the two together a few times.

Jobst Consulting said...

Sounds like a problem in Windows.
You can try to click to remove the device in Device Manager, click "My Computer", then restart and connect again. (Click on My Computer, go to Properties, click the "hardware", select "Device Manager" and see "Monitor") .. Once booted are logged in, you press the function key on the laptop, the signal on the VGA port to send to (in my Dell, for example, Fn + F8 to switch between display modes).












Peter Jobst

b2fnow said...

Try a system restore to a previous state before the problem started. It is a magical solution that not only repairs but got rid of all viruses.

Post a Comment